Bridal shower planning
Bridal shower themes
Baby shower planning
Baby shower themes
Recipe - Strawberry spinach salad
- 10 ounces of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries
- poppy seed salad dressing, use the recipe below or your favorite store bought brand to save time
Wash spinach leaves if you did not buy them pre-washed. Pat dry with a towel or spin dry with a salad spinner.
Wash and hull the strawberries. Then, cut the strawberries into slices.
Combine the spinach and strawberry slices in a large serving bowl and toss gently.
If making your own salad dressing, prepare the dressing using the recipe below.
Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and lightly toss to coat. Do NOT add the dressing very much in advance. The dressing seems to pull the juices out of the strawberries causing the dish to turn into a soupy mess after sitting for a couple of hours.
- An egg slicer makes quick work of slicing strawberries, but be warned the strawberry seeds can sometimes damage the wires on the egg slicer.
- Chill the strawberries and salad dressing before combining the ingredients to create a more refreshing dish.
Add any of the following ingredients that you desire:
- Toss in mandarin orange slices
- Toss in toasted walnut pieces
- Toss in almond slivers or slices
- Top with toasted sesame seeds
Recipe - Poppy seed salad dressing
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
Add the sugar, salt, and vinegar to a blender.
Start the blender and gradually add the vegetable oil through the hole in the blender lid. Blend until smooth.
Stir in the poppy seeds.
If you do not have a blender, whisk together all ingredients instead.