Cinderella Bridal Shower
Bridal shower themes
Bridal shower planning
The main inspiration for this Disney bridal shower theme will be Cinderella and her fairy tale story. For more general ideas, see the Disney Bridal Shower Theme page.
There are beautiful professionally printed Disney bridal and wedding invitations available. However, these tend to be costly per invitation or have a high minimum order number. Using invitations that feature a portion of the story, that is not Cinderella herself may be more cost effective. Consider Cinderella inspired invitations with pumpkins, shoes, tiaras, or castles.
Decorate with light blue, silver, and white/ivory for tablecloths, napkins, and other basic party items.
Pumpkin centerpiece ideas:
- Arrange flowers in hollowed-out pumpkins or drill individual holes in pumpkins and insert a single flower into each hole.
- Create this Carriage Pumpkin from a small, white craft pumpkin using instructions from Michaels.com.
- Carve pumpkins using Cinderella stencils. Huggies.com has five free Cinderella pumpkin stencils, in the shape of Cinderella, Lucifer the cat, one of each mouse(Jacques and Gus), and a castle. Stencils can be used on fresh or faux craft pumpkins. Using craft pumpkins would allow you to complete the carvings weeks prior to the shower. Craft pumpkins usually appear in stores, such as Michael's, from August through November. If this is out of season for your shower, check Goodwill stores.
- Make this fancy Swirl pumpkin from Michaels.com
Use mice in your decorations. Look for mice cat toys in pet sections or craft these white mice from Disney Family Entertainment.
Use blue birds in decorations. Craft these Pom-pom birds from Disney Family Entertainment.
Add spools of thread, scissors, birds, and mice to create a sewing basket centerpiece to recreate the sewing scene from the movie.
Sprinkle tablecloths with glitter and star confetti to look like Fairy Godmother magic dust.
Place a toy magic wand in the center of the table or use wands to decorate the backs of chairs.
Shower Games and Activities
Play these trivia games at your Disney bridal shower.
Make Mini Cheese Ball Mice as shown at Disney Family.com
Build Royal Ball Invitation tortilla sandwiches as shown at Disney Family.com
Serve this sweet candy mouse treat from CandiQuick.com made with cherries and chocolate.
Try one of these Cinderella inspired cake ideas:
- Build a layer cake and use a crown or tiara as the cake topper as shown on the left.
- Create the Balcony Birdsong project using the Cinderella shaped cake pan by Wilton. Look for the discontinued Cinderella pan on eBay because it may be unavailable in stores.
- Family Fun's Castle cake
- For an individual treat, make these Carriage Cupcakes from Wilton.com
- Bake a flat sheet cake and add a Cinderella themed cake topper. There are many to choose from and vary in price.
Shower Favors and Game Prizes
- Cinderella Christmas ornaments
- Small sewing kits
- Pumpkin scented or pumpkin shaped candles
- Make these Carriage cookies from Wilton.com and wrap in cellophane bags.
- Minature plastic slippers can be purchased and filled with small items, such M&Ms, wedding mints, bath salts, or bath beads
- Bridal shower and wedding favor sites carry special Cinderella favors, such as glass slipper bottle openers or coach candles